Submit a Complaint Against a Registered Health Professional

The Bermuda Health Council administers complaints against registered health professionals, on behalf of the health professional Statutory Boards or Councils and Professional Conduct Committees. Before submitting a complaint, please review the Complaint Overview Process document for information regarding how complaints are handled.

Types of Registered Health Professionals:

  • Addiction Counsellor
  • Audiologist
  • Chiropodist/Podiatrist
  • Dental Hygienist
  • Dental Technologist
  • Dentist
  • Diagnostic Imaging Technologist
  • Dietitian
  • Emergency Medical Services Practitioner
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Optician
  • Optometrist
  • Pharmacist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Psychologist
  • Medical Lab Technologist
  • Speech-Language Pathologist

For further information about how we manage complaints against health professionals, contact the Health Council at 292-6420 or

  • The person is guilty of professional misconduct.
  • The person’s registration was improperly obtained.
  • The person is unfit to practice a specialty or to be registered.
  • The person is unfit to practice by reason of a conviction on an indictable offense, adverse physical or mental health, or being drug of alcohol-impaired in the course of performing professional functions.
  1. is frivolous or vexatious, is made in bad faith, is an abuse of process, or for any other reason, ought not to be considered by the applicable Board or Council.
  2. arose from a misapprehension on the part of the complainant or a misunderstanding between the parties.
  3. ought to be placed before the applicable Board or Council for its determination as to whether the complaint is proved or not proved.
  1. If the Board or Council determines that the complaint is not proved, in whole or in part, the complaint shall be dismissed to the extent it is not proved.
  2. If the Board or Council determines the complaint was proved, in whole or in part, they may impose legislated disciplinary powers. A registered person shall be entitled to appeal against any such finding to the Supreme Court.